Reports to: Manager of Museum and Guest Experiences
Position: Part-Time / Full-Time
$10 per hour
The INFINITY Museum Host promotes INFINITY Science Center’s mission by providing superior visitor experiences through exhibits, hospitality, and by enhancing the visitor’s engagement experience through STEM-related activities. The Museum Host will explain and show educational movies, conduct science-related activities with guests, and engage them about the science center by answering questions and providing accurate information. Hosts will provide information and answer questions about INFINITY via telephone, work at registers for admissions and gift shop sales, and clean and restock the retail shop. Hosts will also assist with classes and special events on an as-needed basis.
INFINITY Museum Hosts will handle challenging situations calmly, with respect and a positive problem-solving mindset, and make providing superior customer service a top priority.
• Enrolled in college or successful completion of a college degree
• Previous experience with informal education a plus
• Experience working with children and families a plus
2. Necessary Skills
• Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and professionalism when interacting with visitors, staff and volunteers
• Has the ability and willingness to follow oral and written instructions
• Possesses good work habits and is extremely dependable
• Is able to handle tense circumstances and keep a positive mindset
• Is able to problem solve in a timely manner
3. Special Knowledge and Skills
• Insatiably curious and willing to learn new things
• Demonstrates aptitude for assigned responsibilities
• Has an eye for detail
• Possesses extensive problem-solving skills
• Dress appropriately according to the Education Staff Manual
• Follow opening and closing procedures
• Follow the given schedule each and every day
• Stay in assigned area of the museum
• Be respectful of guests, fellow staff members, and volunteers
Terms of Employment
• Must pass a standard drug test
• Must pass a background check
• Periodic evaluations will be performed. The basis of the evaluation will be the extent to which the performance responsibilities of the job are successfully handles and the extent to which job goals are met.
• The INFINITY Science Center expects that all employees will perform assigned duties, diligently, professionally, and efficiently and in compliance with all policies and procedures as well as all federal and state laws.
• NOTE: The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principle functions or responsibilities or the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at the present or in the future.
Please email cover letter, two references and resume to Kelsey Smith at email@example.com
No phone calls please.
The position is open until filled.
INFINITY Science Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INFINITY Science Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
INFINITY Science Center expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of INFINITY Science Center’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.